Monday, August 25, 2014

An Interview with Author Ian Paul Lomax


Ian Paul Lomax
Bolton, Lancashire
England

Good morning, Ian, and welcome to Vision and Verse, The Place for Art and Authors.  Can you tell us a little about your book?
I have written a book called For the love of Christopher, a Father's Tale.  The book is about how I met and fell in love with a Greek girl called Helen in Corfu,and the problems I faced with her Greek family.  After receiving a beating and forced out of Athens, I decided I had to smuggle Helen
out of Greece so that we could be together.  We were finally married and had a son called Christopher in 1990.
After the birth of Christopher, I finally made peace with Helen's mother Maria and visited her family in Greece on various occasions every year.  Blissfully unaware that her mother and Helen  had plotted to abduct my son on holiday in Greece in 1998.  After the phone call I received to say  Helen and my son weren't coming home and my suit case thrown down the steps of Maria who then stated that I will never see my wife and son again .  The book then covers my struggles,  "a failed suicide attempt, " and the battles in the Greek courts for the rights to be a father.

Wow! Intense.  We are sorry you had to go through that, Ian.  No man deserves to be separated from his child.  Tell us a little about yourself, like your favorite food.
My favorite food is roast lamb with mint source with all the trimmings.


Tea or coffee?
Tea

Oh, no--brainer! A British man, what was I thinking?  Okay, pizza or ice cream?
Ice cream


Favorite musical artist.
My favourite musical artist is 
Michael Jackson... and Travis. 



What makes you laugh?

My work mates make me laugh with some of the things they get up to at work.

Favorite type of art and sculpture.
My favourite art and sculptures are anything that's Ancient Greece. 


How old were you when you started writing?
I was 56 years old when I started to write.


 Favorite author.
My Favourite Author is Jane Austin.

What's the best book you've ever read?
The Best Book I Have Ever Read is Pride And the Prejudice.

What's the last book you read?
The Last Book I Read was my own Book, For The Love Of Christopher, A Fathers Tale.


If you weren't a writer, what would he be doing?
If I wasn't a writer I would love to work for a charity helping homeless people.


Name the one person who was most influential in your personal life and why.
The main person who has helped me in my life is mother, she is my rock.

Name one person, living or dead, real or fictional, that you would like to sit down and have a conversation with and why.
If there was one person I could sit down with, 
it would be my son Christopher to tell him how much I love him and explain to him how much I tried in the Greek courts to bring him home.


What advice do you have for someone who wants to become a writer?
My advice to some one who wants to be a writer 
Is to get as much advice as you can and write from the heart .



That is good advice.  Do you have links for us to follow you?
My face book page link.     https://www.facebook.com/Ian.lomax9000

My twitter  @LomaxAuthor

My web site     http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fianlomax.co.uk%2F&h=dAQGMzaXU&s=1


NOTE FROM CAROL:  Look for my book review of Ian's heart wrenching novel, For the Love of Christopher, A Father's Tale on Thursday, Aug. 28th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment