Thursday, November 3, 2016

Interview with Cozy Mystery Author Sherri Bryan

Sherri Bryan
Málaga in Southern Spain


Good morning, Sherrie, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and Authors. Can you tell us what you've written? 
I've just finished the sixth book in the Charlotte Denver Cozy Mystery series.

What is your favorite genre to write?
 Cozy Mystery

Favorite food.
This is a difficult one! There is so little I don't like but, as I have to say something, I think it would be a big piece of slow roasted meat, preferably beef or pork, with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, and asparagus.

Tea or coffee?
Tea.

Pizza or ice cream? 
Definitely pizza!


Wine or beer? 
Hmm, depends on the circumstances but generally, wine.


Where would you like to visit?
Australia, New Zealand and Amsterdam.


Favorite musical artist.  Do you listen to music when you write?  What?
Another difficult one but I think I'd choose Michael Jackson as my favourite musical artist. 
Yes, sometimes I listen to music when I write. My taste in music is pretty elcectic so, depending on my mood, it can be anything from John Denver, Neil Diamond and Dolly Parton to Bon Jovi, The Rolling Stones and Coldplay.

What makes you laugh?
 Observational humour, and my dog.

This is an Art AND Author website, so I am obliged to ask: Favorite work of art or sculpture. 
The Starry Night, Vincent Van Gogh        

How old were you when you started writing? 
I was fourteen when I wrote my first story. Thankfully, it was never published!

Describe your perfect evening. 
A meal at a favourite local restaurant with my husband and friends.


Where do you get your inspiration?
From everything! I find inspiration for storylines and characters everywhere I look. My main characters, although not based on actual people, all possess traits of people I have known throughout my life.


What do you do when you get a writer's block?
Generally, panic and forget to breathe.


Who is your favorite author? 
Another difficult one so I'm going to pick two. For non-fiction, I'd say Bill Bryson and for fiction, J. K. Rowling. Their writing is so descriptive, you feel like you're part of their stories.



Best book you ever read. 
The Moon's a Balloon, David Niven.


Last book you read. 
The Lincoln Lawyer, Michael Connelly


What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?
I think I'd probably cook, preferably in a small restaurant of my own.
                                                                 
Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? 
My Dad, who is 96. He taught me to never give up, and, I hope, to be a decent person.


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
My husband's dad. I never met him and would have loved to. I think we would have really hit it off.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?
Finish what you start, take no notice of negative people who tell you you'll never make it as a writer, be prepared for criticism (not everyone will like what you write), have faith in yourself and never, ever give up.

Do you have any links for us to follow you?

Book One in the series, Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse, is free, and this is a universal link which will take your readers to their local Amazon sitemybook.to/CharlotteDenver1

That's a perfect way to introduce readers to your series, Sherri. I'm sure our readers will take advantage! 

Here are my other links:


No comments:

Post a Comment