Thursday, April 6, 2017

BELTERRA Reviews



Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on October 23, 2015
A soldier and a healer fight for their lives and for their love against an evil power-mad scientist, in a saga of thrilling and complicated adventures, with courage, honesty - and tenderness. This is the second book in the TIME AFTER TIME series, and the fourth one I've read. To me the order makes no difference, because we know that the two lovers will meet and love again and again. The others I've read were set in modern or near-modern times; this one is different in being set in some other world altogether,fantastic in some ways, but very believable in others. Some things about human nature don't change.
Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2015
This is an engaging romantic love story set in a post-apocalyptic period on an alien planet. High adventure reigns as the four different clans vie for power. Neeka, daughter of the Lord of the Warrior Clan runs away to be with her lover, Braedon, Lord of the Soldier Clan. Follow their adventures and the ups and downs of their romance as Neeka goes to battle with Braedon, putting her own life in danger. Carol Kauffman has crafted a very entertaining romance/adventure that will keep the reader wondering what will happen until the very end. The writing is concise and well-researched.
Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2013
The heroine, Neeka, and the hero, Braedon were often times just not meant to be together... One would think. With Braedon, Lord of the Soldier Clan, hot and sexy who could resist him as he stumbles through the bumpy road of love. It seems at every turn he is trying to prove he is worthy of the love of the daughter, of the Lord of the Warrior Clan.
In a world with plenty of action and adventure and romance, Belterra also has humor that I found endearing.
Sparks fly and several misunderstandings lead them down the road to a rough relationship that may or may not end in happiness. (No Spoilers from this reader) but I can't wait to read more.

Thank you Carol Ann Kauffman for leading me through a wonderful journey with Neeka and Braedon and the many other characters in this novel. Some of which deserve their own books (hint, hint)
I look forward to reading more from you.
Comment|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2012
I think this books was throughly well written and insightful. I think the the world that this author created is lush and completely captivating. I wouldn't have thought this would be such an interesting science fiction novel, but I absolutely adore it. I am a pretty big science fiction buff, and this book would fit right in with the rest of my collection. I really loved Belterra and thought it makes a lovely story on it's own, but can't wait to read more from this author!
Comment|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2012
I enjoyed this book. The references that the story took place in a post apocalyptic world sparked the science fiction geek in me. The interactions of the characters in this romantic action novel kept me interested and involved. There were also many humorous lines that added to my enjoyment while reading; i.e. "the last cookie on the tray";referring to choice of a man, made me laugh out loud. Great to read a book from a new author. Thank you Carol Kauffman. Looking forward to your next book. Could this be the start of a series?
Comment|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2012
Belterra is a step into an enchanting world filled with romance, action, and adventure. The heroine, Neeka, and the hero, Braedon, share a dream of each other, but don't realize the world changing scale of the adventure their love will launch. This romance novel explores the heart and the soul, and the depths of what is right and what is wrong in the pursuit of burning ambition. This was the best romance/adventure novel I've ever read.
Comment|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2012
I really loved this book. I think that it has such an interesting story line, and the time period is quite realistic and well researched. I would like to read more by this author in the near future, and wished I could get it as an actual book as well! Keep up the great work!


on September 30, 2016
Format: Kindle Edition

Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse



No comments:

Post a Comment