Thursday, October 26, 2017

End of the Season by Parker Kaufman



This beautiful seasonal silhouette by the talented Texas collage artist Parker Kaufman was completed on September 3, 2017. His inspiration was the coming autumn season. This 16" x 20" art piece is a compilation of 32 pieces of hand-cut cardstock.

When we are awash in oranges, browns, and golds, this striking royal blue, yellow, and black stands out among the rest. Parker has a special way of distilling a feeling into simple line, shape, and color.

I miss you, Parker Kaufman, in the everyday operations at Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and Authors. You were my vision, my path back to the world of Art and Artists that I left long ago. But when I see your new artwork, I know you made the right decision to leave V&V to work on your craft. 

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment