Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Interview with Author Chariss K. Walker




Chariss K. Walker
Asheville, North Carolina, USA


Good morning, Chariss, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the place for Art and Authors. What have you written?
To name a few of my fiction books:
An Alec Winters Series (4-book series which is a fantasy, occult thriller)
The Vision Chronicles series (8-book series paranormal thriller) 
Purple Kitty (A Serena McKay Crime Novel, Book 1)


To name a few of my nonfiction books:
Chakra Basics: Fundamentals of Spiritual Growth
The Spiritual Gifts: Understanding for the Great Shift and Beyond
Many Paths to Healing
Keep the Faith


They all sound interesting, Chariss. I think my TBR list has just grown. What is your favorite genre to write?
Apparently, I love both nonfiction and fiction. Nonfiction books are inspirational tools written for others. My fiction books, sometimes dark, are written to tell a characters story.


Tea or coffee?
Coffee

Pizza or ice cream?
Pizza

Wine or beer?
Beer, or wine, or beer. Asheville, North Carolina is the brewery capitol of the US. They make some great brews! Hard to turn down one of their seasonal select offerings.


I don't know..I've had some good wines in the Biltmore House area of Asheville. Where would you like to visit?
Fiji


Favorite musical artist.  
Anything from the progressive rock era (mid-sixties on).


Do you listen to music when you write?
No.


Me, either. I need quiet. What makes
you laugh?
Instagram posts.


Really? I'll have to try that. How old were you when you started writing?
I have written stories and poems for as long as I can remember. It was second nature to me. However, other than contests and newspaper stories, my first book was published in 2008.


Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write?
I just write.


Where do you get your inspiration?
A scenario forms in my mind with a particular character. The character leads me through the story. It’s actually quite fascinating.


Last book you read.
The Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes and Smashwords Book Marketing Guide. I read both during the same time period, sort of a back and forth from fiction to nonfiction. LOL. That’s the way I write too... back and forth between the two.

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?
I have no idea!


What advice would you give someone 
who aspired to be a writer?






Breathe, relax, and take your time. It’s not a race. Give your new book-baby everything you have because they grow up so fast. Once out there, you don’t have an option to make a great second impression. Make the first one count by making sure your baby is the best it can be!





Do you have any links for us to follow you?

No comments:

Post a Comment